Thursday, November 16, 2017

Section 60

O, Americans

Via MRCTV:

"This morning, I visited a quiet, out-of-the-way plot of Arlington National Cemetery known as Section 60. Being Veterans Day, the Cemetery was packed with tourists and volunteers, schoolchildren and general well-wishers. The crowds at Arlington's main gate jostled shoulder-to-shoulder to see the Tomb of the Unknowns, or visit Kennedy's Eternal Flame. Some had arms full of flags to plant, row by row, stone by stone.

These aren't the people you see at Section 60.


Section 60 is a newer plot of Arlington National Cemetery, where most of the recent American casualties of war are laid to rest. I visit this plot because two men I knew were buried here, about eight rows apart. One of those men hardened me into a soldier; the other helped soften me into a leader."

No comments:

Post a Comment