Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Wiki Tiki Tavi: Why Are Taps

So Ubiquitous?
Gateway Pundit is on the case.
Reporter James Rosen: “What happened to me was that the Attorney General, Eric Holder, under Barack Obama as president secretly designated me a criminal co-conspirator and a flight risk and thereby had a federal judge give the government permission to rifle through all my gmails.
They could read the emails, and then also to get all the phone records associated with about 20 phones that I used at that time in my reporting. One of those 20 phone lines was 718 and that referred to my parent’s house on Staten Island at that time.”

Reporter Sharyl Attkisson: "I have a separate federal lawsuit underway against the federal government over illegal surveillance of my work and home computers by intruders using software proprietary to a U.S. intelligence agency. The intrusions were detected and confirmed by three independent forensics exams in 2013."

CBS News spokeswoman Sonya McNair said that a cybersecurity firm hired by CBS News "has determined through forensic analysis" that "Attkisson's computer was accessed by an unauthorized, external, unknown party on multiple occasions in late 2012."
"Evidence suggests this party performed all access remotely using Attkisson's accounts. While no malicious code was found, forensic analysis revealed an intruder had executed commands that appeared to involve search and exfiltration of data. This party also used sophisticated methods to remove all possible indications of unauthorized activity, and alter system times to cause further confusion. CBS News is taking steps to identify the responsible party and their method of access."

A.P. Scandal Raises Spectre of Big Brother
"On the watch of a Richard Nixon or a George W. Bush, such an outrage might be expected. But from the government of a high-minded former lecturer in constitutional law? Surely not.
At which juncture it’s worth pointing out that, as in Benghazi and I.R.S. scandals, no direct link to the President has yet been established. To the contrary: on Monday evening, Jay Carney, the White House spokesman, who is already under fire for his statements about Benghazi, insisted that his boss had nothing to do with the decisions to seek a subpoena and not to inform the A.P. until now. “Other than press reports, we have no knowledge of any attempt by the Justice Department to seek phone records of the A.P.,” Carney said, “We are not involved in decisions made in connection with criminal investigations.”
That statement points the finger directly at Eric Holder, the Attorney General, who last June assigned Ronald C. Machen, Jr., the D.A. for the district of Columbia, to investigate the leaking of the fact that, a month earlier, the C.I.A. had foiled a Yemen-based plot to bomb an American airliner. The A.P. broke that story, and Machen’s heavy-handed tactics appear to have been aimed at discovering the identity of the wire agency’s sources. At one point, the F.B.I. appears to have suspected somebody in the White House, possibly C.I.A. director John Brennan, who was then President Obama’s senior adviser on counterterrorism. During Brennan’s confirmation hearings earlier this year, he said that F.B.I. agents had questioned him about whether he was the source, which he denied.
Still, it seems highly unlikely that Machen acted entirely alone in seizing the records of at least twenty separate phone lines used by A.P. employees, including some home lines.".......

Rare, 2013:
Hugh Hewitt:...I don’t trust the Department of Justice on this. Do you, Congressman Nunes?
Congressman Devin Nunes: No, I absolutely do not, especially after this wiretapping incident, essentially, of the House of Representative. I don’t think people are focusing on the right thing when they talk about going after the AP reporters. The big problem that I see is that they actually tapped right where I’m sitting right now, the Cloak Room.

HH: Wait a minute, this is news to me.
DN: The Cloak Room in the House of Representatives.
HH: I have no idea what you’re talking about.
DN: So when they went after the AP reporters, right? Went after all of their phone records, they went after the phone records, including right up here in the House Gallery, right up from where I’m sitting right now. So you have a real separation of powers issue that did this really rise to the level that you would have to get phone records that would, that would most likely include members of Congress, because as you know…
HH: Wow.
DN: …members of Congress talk to the press all the time.
HH: I did not know that, and that is a stunner.".......

Dennis Kucinich:
"I was wiretapped in 2011 after taking a phone call in my congressional office from a foreign leader.
That a secret recording had been made of this call was revealed to me by the Washington Times in 2015, a full two years after I left office.
They played back audio of a call I had taken in my D.C. congressional office four years earlier.
The call had been from Saif el-Islam Qaddafi, a high-ranking official in Libya’s government and a son of the country’s ruler, Moammar Qaddafi.
At the time I was leading efforts in the House to challenge the Obama administration’s war against Libya. The Qaddafi government reached out to me because its appeals to the White House and the State Department to forestall the escalating aggression had gone unanswered.
Before taking the call, I checked with the House’s general counsel to ensure that such a discussion by a member of Congress with a foreign power was permitted by law.
I was assured that under the Constitution a lawmaker had a fundamental duty to ask questions and gather information—activity expressly protected by the Article I clauses covering separation of powers and congressional speech and debate. I could and did ask questions of the younger Mr. Qaddafi.
I believe the tape was made by an American intelligence agency and then leaked to the Times for political reasons. If so, this episode represented a gross violation of the separation of powers.".......


Maybe if Brennan, Holder, Lynch and Obama had spent more time doing their jobs instead of playing politics with national security, this WikiLeaks debacle might have been avoided. Not to mention the previous Snowden debacle. Or Pvt. Manning's treason before that.

But they were too busy wiretapping reporters, Congress and Trump. And criminally leaking them to win a political argument.

That said, Assange must be stopped.

By the way, wasn't WikiLeaks supposedly a Russian tool to help Trump? This certainly doesn't. Another fake talking point bites the dust.

"Calling all cars, calling all cars; be on the lookout for WikiLeaks national security leaker in the DC area.
FBI profilers say he will likely be a disgruntled ex-government employee who suffered a recent loss,
probably holed-up in a safe house within 2 miles of the White House with other conspirators.
Let me be clear. Over and out." 

Hey, when you've already committed eight years of treason, why not go for nine?

"They're closing in on me, Chelsea...you've got to get me out of here!"
"Get in the car, Barry--I'll drive. I owe you one."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment