Sunday, September 3, 2023

Jimmy Buffett, R.I.P.

I came up with Jimmy. His songs were a big part of the soundtrack of my life and will always be special to me.

I quit getting my politics from artists years ago. Many artists never made the transition from the liberal cultural default-setting of their youth like so many of us did. Nevertheless, they could speak to the Human Condition and touch us.

Yeah, Jimmy was a lefty. Too bad. So was his hero Mark Twain who is mentioned in the Bible, by the way. Our God can use Mark Twain or his student Jimmy. I assure you many of Jimmy’s fans are MAGA, as witnessed by these comments.

Most of us have family or friends on the other side. We don’t generally hate their guts. In fact, we should pray for them. But reducing every aspect of life to Politics is what the Left does. It is Totalism–a kind of Totalitarianism. It forecloses the human connection. It’s one of the things that got us here. Let’s not copy them.

Godspeed, friend.

ps; Who’s gonna’ steal the peanut butter?

comment image

R.I.P., sailor

Jimmy Buffett, 1946-2023 - The Last Refuge (theconservativetreehouse.com)

UPDATE: Turbo cancer after being Vaxxed.

Fauci kills again.

Ironically, in saying goodbye, I realized many of my favorite Buffett tunes were in fact goodbye songs ...






Last pm
Las

No comments:

Post a Comment