Friday, November 10, 2017

Veterans Day 2017

"Remember that no courage can ever atone for lack of that preparedness which makes the courage valuable; and yet if the courage is there, if the dauntless heart is there, its presence will sometimes make up for other shortcomings; while if with it are combined the other military qualities the fortunate owner becomes literally invincible."--President Theodore Roosevelt, Annapolis, April 24, 1906.

Teddy Roosevelt, a veteran himself, also said "I have a perfect horror of words that are not backed up by deeds."

Our vets have backed up their word by their deeds...and then some. From the French and Indian War to Fallujah, from Gettysburg to Grenada and Château-Thierry to Syria, America's citizen-soldiers have answered the call. Always.

Politicians come and go. But always the dauntless hearts of America's citizen-soldiers have beat steady and true--and never more so than today.

Another American Thinker put it this way:
"I have lived in America all my life, for 56 years now, and every single night when I have laid my head upon my pillow, you were somewhere watching over my safety. For every single one of those nights of peaceful rest, I simply say, "Thank you!""
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment