Monday, November 28, 2016

It's All About Meme: In Which We Examine Stupid Pet Journalist Tricks

And Other Lies, Head Fakes and Moral Dwarfisms

"Me,me,me,me,me.me,me,me,me,me,me,me,me,me,me,me,me,me,me,me,me,me,you...me.me,me,me,me,me,me,me..."
*As Humberto Fontova correctly noted here; "Amigos, brace for an epidemic of frowning reporters and pundits chanting the phrase: “Turning back the clock on Cuba.”"

This ObamaStrawman(tm) was on full display this weekend on the Talking Head shows;

"Will Trump go forward...or will he go backwards to the Cavemen Days when we thoughtlessly condemned the Other just because of a firing-squad addiction, which we now know is medically-treatable?"

The Real Question is not if we go forward, but only how we go forward: do we go forward the Obama way of propping-up the dictatorship or by the Trump way of supporting freedom for Cubans and security for America?

*Castro has been called a "leader", "revolutionary", "orator" and "President". None are true.
 ...A leader has followers. But once he becomes a tyrant, they are either captives, opponents  or collaborators.
...A revolutionary overturns the established order. Castro merely replaced the previous bastard with the current bastards.
...An orator speaks concisely and persuasively. Castro piled words upon words because "there are no brief excuses for communism." And narcissistic Marxists love the sound of their own voice Obama.
...A president, having assumed office legitimately, presides legitimately. The Castros seized power, promised free elections a half-century ago and are, in fact, military dictators. However, they resemble a monarchy in the sense that their dictatorship is now hereditary.

Using the word "President" is meant to leech legitimacy from honorable systems of government. If Wolf Blitzer decides to call himself "The World's Greatest Jeopardy Player", we are not obliged to go along with that dangerous farce. In fact, we are morally obligated to oppose Blitzer's evil scheme of World Domination by cunningly pretending to be a Current Events dunce. I'll take Dead Dictators for Free, Alex.

* All news reports from Cuba should begin with the disclaimer that the man on the street is not really free to express his true opinions. CNN will dutifully report the "sorrow" this week as people are forced to pay their "respects", but they never mention what happens to a Cuban who refuses--"The Coercion News Network, Collaborating Since 1995!"

*RELEASE THE SECRET PHOTOS OF BARACK OBAMA AND FIDEL CASTRO TOGETHER. YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO. YOU'RE PROUD OF IT. COME ON--JUST DO IT! DO IT FOR THE LUMPENPROLETARIAT! DO IT FOR THE RADIANT FUTURE! LET HISTORY BE THE JUDGE! LET YOUR FREAK FLAG FLY, BARRY!

No comments:

Post a Comment