Sunday, February 19, 2017

Donald Trump Was Right and I Was Wrong

But First,

....a word from Spengler:

An Apology to David Horowitz: He Was Right about Bill Kristol

"The odious Bill Kristol tweeted today, "Obviously strongly prefer normal democratic and constitutional politics. But if it comes to it, prefer the deep state to the Trump state." For those who are not aware of the term "deep state," it refers to the secret services in a dictatorship who overthrow governments, manipulate the press, and otherwise eliminate opponents. ...The danger is real, and the fact that the intelligence community is playing games with domestic politics is a danger to our liberties.
 
Last May 15, the perspicacious David Horowitz denounced Kristol in Breitbart as a "renegade Jew." Of course, the headline was employed later to show that Breitbart was anti-Semitic--even though Horowitz was arguing that Kristol had betrayed critical Jewish interests. I responded with a note in this space to the effect that Kristol wasn't a "renegade Jew," just a sore loser throwing a tantrum. It was "churlish," I said, to attack a man's religion in that way.
 
Horowitz was right and I was wrong, and I herewith offer him my apology.
 
Kristol is a renegade Jew, and an apologist for anti-Constitutional, illegal manipulation by America's self-designated "deep state." His hatred for Donald Trump has unhinged him. Decent people should cross the street to avoid walking too close to him.".......
 
I'm so glad I didn't get my way. Thankful, even.
 
As a constitutional conservative, I supported Ted Cruz in the primaries. But I now realize that Donald Trump was correct about the largest issue in the primary: if Cruz had won--or anyone besides Trump--we'd all be saying "Madame President" right now. And listening to the liquid "swoosh" of the last bits of the Constitutional Republic being flushed down the toilet forever. Donald Trump was right, and I was wrong.
 
I went from Trump hostile to Trump skeptic to Trump inevitable to Trump supporter to Trump enthusiast to where I am today: Crawl Across Broken Glass to Help This President Help Us. 
 
The shabby, venal, disgusting and even criminal opposition to this president is unmatched in American history. I don't mean just the non-stop bald-faced professional liars in a Free Press enslaved by their own ideology. Or even the unheard-of outright rebellion by the allegedly Permanently-Entrenched Blob-ocracy. No new president, with the possible exception of Lincoln and the Confederates, has been so shabbily-treated and set upon from all quarters like rabid hyenas on a lion. 
 
By "criminal", I mean the intimidation and violence of rioters, the lawless "courts" and especially the seditious national security crimes by Obama and his Muslim Brotherhood Deep State Spooks.
 
I don't mean I'll like every policy or tweet; I don't and I won't. But the pure ass displayed by his opponents has been so deeply unfair and so fundamentally un-American, it has pushed me to support him come hell or high water--and we've already seen both in this first month.
 
They have declared war on this man.
 
Decent people should cross every street necessary to help him win that war.

No comments:

Post a Comment